Assalamualaikum and hello, I hope it's not too late for wish me to wish a happy new year! Oh wow, I haven't blogged since.. last year!
:^)
I have three pending blog posts which will forever be on the waiting list I guess including that second Acheh trip, my working experience and that 2016 in a nutshell obligatory post. I think I'll start off with the last one first. Come to think of it, I didn't even do one for 2014 and 2015 but whatever let it be.
2016. How do I start this? To sum it up, it's probably a year that was needed for me to go through, and yet if I could repeat it I would say no ahahahaha. I've seen the worst of me through long boring idleness as well as the worst of my thoughts when it comes to thinking about the future and insecurities over studies mainly... yet. I've seen how much I can overreact and overthink little matters that should just be dealt calmlyakibat duduk sekolah semua perempuan lima tahun lol. But I guess I... grew up a bit? I hope. Things are more stable now compared to how it was throughout the year. Anyway, let's just break it down to lists because long paragraphs are bad for those with short attention span.
List of experiences or achievements I am glad to get in 2016
1. Learnt how to play my first musical instrument!! Received a ukulele for my 18th birthday with a super thin beginner's book and well it took weeks to decipher how to play it by myself but thanks to the book and Youtube ok la now can play a bit.
2. Learnt how to drive and ride a motorcycle and got my driving license! It was a terrible experience overall and I quit the motorcycle part after 11 classes because it was too mentally challenging and college was starting zzz but my L license still enables me to ride one without boncengkan anyone behind me so that's ok. And the driving license tu hmmm ada lesen tapi takde kereta tak bawak langsung pun lepas dapat lesen, habis semua dah lupa ahaha hope I'll have more chance to drive in 2017.
3. Learnt how to cook rice, bake and use the washing machine! Ye saya orang spoilt privileged ada maid baik tolong but then she went back for a while but the change was refreshing I guess I knew I needed to learn some time or another it's a must to survive living later on so yeah.. Also, major respect for those already living without maids, especially working parents and studying children doing all the housework at the same time, you guys are amazing. Really. And that baking process was only 40% successful most of them ended up burnt but it was fun!
4. Long education appreciation post: got 9A+1A for SPM Alhamdulillah which enabled me to apply for 8 different scholarships, with all 8 being different fields of study because I didnt know what the heck do I want to do in the future. Went through the assessment stages for 4 of them where I learnt a lot about my shortcomings, made new acquaintances and gained knowledge on how interviews were like. Alhamdulillah, offered scholarships by Petronas to do A-Levels and later on law in the UK and by MARA to do IB and later on applied biology overseas and then REJECTED THEM BOTH FOR PERSONAL REASONS AHAHHAHA ADUH MY HEART STILL HURTS /plays Twice's TT/ . Thankful too that I got my first choice for UPU which was asasi sains hayat in UM but in the end muncul bursary JPA which will sponsor till the end of degree locally so buatlah MUFY insya-Allah can masuk Monash later. Hehehe also somehow found out what I wanted to do in the future? (but that only happened in May or something, and it might change by this year who knows).
5. Memorized more than 30 surahs in the Al-Quran during Ramadhan, but after the fasting month ended didn't practice much... but the process was good for the heart and the mind. You can have a splitting headache and feel nauseous but when you start memorizing the verses they just clear up magically idk hopefully will be able to continue memorizing this year too and to amalkan them not only during the fasting month. Tip: start from the back of the Al-Quran and move forward and reading the translation helps!
6. Survived staying away from home for 3 months ahaha padahal balik setiap minggu and rumah 20 minutes away je BUT STILL. To discipline yourself is a challenge I guess because distractions are everywhere, there is a freaking mall and theme park nearby, the Internet is always there and there is no one to check on you if you're skipping your meals, sleeping early, waking up for class or studying for your test but I am thankful for friends that buck you up always. Ye kalau parents tengah baca ni jangan risau takde buat apa apa yang pelik atau teruk.
7. Warning K-Pop ahead. Saw Running Man's Kwangsoo and 2NE1's (T_T) Dara in 2016! considering that Running Man will soon be a history and 2NE1 has disbanded, making their chances to come here in the future less.... nasib baik sempat jumpa ahaha. Also, Epik High's Tablo replied to my question for their Coachella performance with a video THAT WAS SO UNEXPECTED AND IM SO HAPPY IT HAPPENED.
8. K-Pop lagi soz. Finally, finally, finished writing a fanfic that was not a oneshot after starting it three years ago. Life of a procrastinator. Dahlah cuma 9 chapter je hahahaha but hopefully I can write and complete more this year!
9. Had someone put makeup on my face and tried out for majalah Hijabista model casting HAHAHHAHAHA super embarrassing experience but a fun one nevertheless! Oh yang ni hopefully tak buat lagi dah tahun ni ya
10. Got my first part-time job (will blog more about it in another post) and learnt lots of things like how to use the cashier machine, punchcard machine, how to do the opening and closing every day, getting and counting the stock, how to wrap presents and make paper bags etc and basically the appreciation of money out of your own hard work and how to save and spend it wisely.
11. Somehow helped in making the awareness of child pedophilia in Malaysia viral? Thanks to Lily's character in the Princess Diaries series and Rookiemag, I got the epiphany that YOU CAN LITERALLY DO ANYTHING, ANYTHING IN THE WORLD IF YOU REALLY WANT TO AND YOU BETTER DO IT FOR SOMETHING GOOD FOR THE WORLD. And so, when The Star's R.AGE team released their first episode of Predator In My Phone whereby the reporters disguised themselves as teenagers and attracted a lot of older men through social media like wechat, idek what happened I just had this rush of adrenaline to tell the whole world about this to get these pedophiles stay away from children and just shamelessly... messaged... a lot of famous people on Twitter... although some of them ignored me, thankfully there are those who shared it immediately and helped make the issue reach out to the public. Thank you, especially, to Takahara Suiko, Nalisa Alia Amin and Syafiqah Othman!
12. Finally experiencing how it's like to volunteer! I thought my days as an eco rangers was over once I stepped out of school but no guess who went to three environment-related events to plant trees ahahaha. I hate to admit this but... I might.. love.. trees.. and plants.. and the environment... Also experienced how it's like living impoverished through the KECHARA food bank and MUFY soup kitchen event thanks to PERTIWI. Here's to volunteering more in 2017!!
13. Went through the first semester of college alright I guess despite my social life being non-existent hahahah. But to get full marks for both Bio and Chem projects, complimented by the English teacher that your group presentation was "too damn good", accepted to be in the student council, getting 100 for that last Chem practical test and all HD for finals? CONGRATS YOU DID GREAT DURRAH GOOD JOB don't break down too much again you can do great in 2017 too!!!
2017 resolutions
1. To control my money and not spend too much on food
2. To remember Allah more and not lose self too much in the midst of entertainment /coughKpopcough/
3. To be friendlier to everyone and not overthink about friendships with others
4. To do extremely well in all tests, projects, assessments etc
5.Tto not ship my friends with whichever person the opposite gender they are speaking with
6. To have an ok social life
7. To not waste too much time on the phone before sleeping and JUST GO TO SLEEP EARLY
8. I want to include to not procrastinate much but then it's a part of me I can't take away
9. To increase weight maybe by exercising more? HAHAHHAHA
Before ending this post, here's a shoutout to some people / cat who helped me get through this year!
:^)
I have three pending blog posts which will forever be on the waiting list I guess including that second Acheh trip, my working experience and that 2016 in a nutshell obligatory post. I think I'll start off with the last one first. Come to think of it, I didn't even do one for 2014 and 2015 but whatever let it be.
2016. How do I start this? To sum it up, it's probably a year that was needed for me to go through, and yet if I could repeat it I would say no ahahahaha. I've seen the worst of me through long boring idleness as well as the worst of my thoughts when it comes to thinking about the future and insecurities over studies mainly... yet. I've seen how much I can overreact and overthink little matters that should just be dealt calmly
List of experiences or achievements I am glad to get in 2016
1. Learnt how to play my first musical instrument!! Received a ukulele for my 18th birthday with a super thin beginner's book and well it took weeks to decipher how to play it by myself but thanks to the book and Youtube ok la now can play a bit.
2. Learnt how to drive and ride a motorcycle and got my driving license! It was a terrible experience overall and I quit the motorcycle part after 11 classes because it was too mentally challenging and college was starting zzz but my L license still enables me to ride one without boncengkan anyone behind me so that's ok. And the driving license tu hmmm ada lesen tapi takde kereta tak bawak langsung pun lepas dapat lesen, habis semua dah lupa ahaha hope I'll have more chance to drive in 2017.
3. Learnt how to cook rice, bake and use the washing machine! Ye saya orang spoilt privileged ada maid baik tolong but then she went back for a while but the change was refreshing I guess I knew I needed to learn some time or another it's a must to survive living later on so yeah.. Also, major respect for those already living without maids, especially working parents and studying children doing all the housework at the same time, you guys are amazing. Really. And that baking process was only 40% successful most of them ended up burnt but it was fun!
4. Long education appreciation post: got 9A+1A for SPM Alhamdulillah which enabled me to apply for 8 different scholarships, with all 8 being different fields of study because I didnt know what the heck do I want to do in the future. Went through the assessment stages for 4 of them where I learnt a lot about my shortcomings, made new acquaintances and gained knowledge on how interviews were like. Alhamdulillah, offered scholarships by Petronas to do A-Levels and later on law in the UK and by MARA to do IB and later on applied biology overseas and then REJECTED THEM BOTH FOR PERSONAL REASONS AHAHHAHA ADUH MY HEART STILL HURTS /plays Twice's TT/ . Thankful too that I got my first choice for UPU which was asasi sains hayat in UM but in the end muncul bursary JPA which will sponsor till the end of degree locally so buatlah MUFY insya-Allah can masuk Monash later. Hehehe also somehow found out what I wanted to do in the future? (but that only happened in May or something, and it might change by this year who knows).
Bank Negara Kijang Academy
Petronas Youngstars Day
MARA assessment
5. Memorized more than 30 surahs in the Al-Quran during Ramadhan, but after the fasting month ended didn't practice much... but the process was good for the heart and the mind. You can have a splitting headache and feel nauseous but when you start memorizing the verses they just clear up magically idk hopefully will be able to continue memorizing this year too and to amalkan them not only during the fasting month. Tip: start from the back of the Al-Quran and move forward and reading the translation helps!
6. Survived staying away from home for 3 months ahaha padahal balik setiap minggu and rumah 20 minutes away je BUT STILL. To discipline yourself is a challenge I guess because distractions are everywhere, there is a freaking mall and theme park nearby, the Internet is always there and there is no one to check on you if you're skipping your meals, sleeping early, waking up for class or studying for your test but I am thankful for friends that buck you up always. Ye kalau parents tengah baca ni jangan risau takde buat apa apa yang pelik atau teruk.
7. Warning K-Pop ahead. Saw Running Man's Kwangsoo and 2NE1's (T_T) Dara in 2016! considering that Running Man will soon be a history and 2NE1 has disbanded, making their chances to come here in the future less.... nasib baik sempat jumpa ahaha. Also, Epik High's Tablo replied to my question for their Coachella performance with a video THAT WAS SO UNEXPECTED AND IM SO HAPPY IT HAPPENED.
cr to Zhee Qi
— tablo | νλΈλ‘ (@blobyblo) April 13, 2016
I love them
9. Had someone put makeup on my face and tried out for majalah Hijabista model casting HAHAHHAHAHA super embarrassing experience but a fun one nevertheless! Oh yang ni hopefully tak buat lagi dah tahun ni ya
10. Got my first part-time job (will blog more about it in another post) and learnt lots of things like how to use the cashier machine, punchcard machine, how to do the opening and closing every day, getting and counting the stock, how to wrap presents and make paper bags etc and basically the appreciation of money out of your own hard work and how to save and spend it wisely.
11. Somehow helped in making the awareness of child pedophilia in Malaysia viral? Thanks to Lily's character in the Princess Diaries series and Rookiemag, I got the epiphany that YOU CAN LITERALLY DO ANYTHING, ANYTHING IN THE WORLD IF YOU REALLY WANT TO AND YOU BETTER DO IT FOR SOMETHING GOOD FOR THE WORLD. And so, when The Star's R.AGE team released their first episode of Predator In My Phone whereby the reporters disguised themselves as teenagers and attracted a lot of older men through social media like wechat, idek what happened I just had this rush of adrenaline to tell the whole world about this to get these pedophiles stay away from children and just shamelessly... messaged... a lot of famous people on Twitter... although some of them ignored me, thankfully there are those who shared it immediately and helped make the issue reach out to the public. Thank you, especially, to Takahara Suiko, Nalisa Alia Amin and Syafiqah Othman!
Video pemangsa bawah umur seterusnya : https://t.co/6Wczxii2q5— [Hibernate] (@takaharasuiko) June 14, 2016
Bapak orang, kerja penceramah, 39 tahun. pic.twitter.com/gagoz5j6qC
The Star's R.AGE journalists did an undercover investigative journalism on sex child predators. This is revolting. https://t.co/jHr9jQRsec— nalisa alia amin π (@nalisaaa) June 14, 2016
So thankful to them
Also, they made me realize that hey being famous is a good thing when you can influence so much people and encourage others to do good. Thankfully now, laws against sexual grooming in Malaysia are on its way with the help of celebrities like Lisa Surihani, Harith Iskander and other ministers who joined in the campaign so woohoo. SEE THE FULL STORY HERE OK AND SIGN THE PLEDGE FOR ANTI-GROOMING LAWS BECAUSE THESE MEN PREYING ON TEENAGERS IN OUR COUNTRY ARE STILL OUT THERE http://rage.com.my/predator/
LOOK AT THIS ARENT YOU DISGUSTED
12. Finally experiencing how it's like to volunteer! I thought my days as an eco rangers was over once I stepped out of school but no guess who went to three environment-related events to plant trees ahahaha. I hate to admit this but... I might.. love.. trees.. and plants.. and the environment... Also experienced how it's like living impoverished through the KECHARA food bank and MUFY soup kitchen event thanks to PERTIWI. Here's to volunteering more in 2017!!
13. Went through the first semester of college alright I guess despite my social life being non-existent hahahah. But to get full marks for both Bio and Chem projects, complimented by the English teacher that your group presentation was "too damn good", accepted to be in the student council, getting 100 for that last Chem practical test and all HD for finals? CONGRATS YOU DID GREAT DURRAH GOOD JOB don't break down too much again you can do great in 2017 too!!!
2017 resolutions
1. To control my money and not spend too much on food
2. To remember Allah more and not lose self too much in the midst of entertainment /coughKpopcough/
3. To be friendlier to everyone and not overthink about friendships with others
4. To do extremely well in all tests, projects, assessments etc
5.
7. To not waste too much time on the phone before sleeping and JUST GO TO SLEEP EARLY
8. I want to include to not procrastinate much but then it's a part of me I can't take away
9. To increase weight maybe by exercising more? HAHAHHAHA
Before ending this post, here's a shoutout to some people / cat who helped me get through this year!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!























No comments:
Post a Comment