Sunday, August 9, 2015

i don't want to care or pretend i care

“You’re not going to be happy all the time. No one ever is. Sometimes you’re just going to sort of exist, and that’s okay.
Learn to be satisfied with 'content' and 'calm' and 'not sad.'
Not sad is good.
Not sad is great.”
—happiness is awesome but the universe doesn’t revolve around a smile, Fortpillow

"Most of the pain you’re dealing with are really just thoughts... ever think of that?" —Buddhist Bootcamp ‪#‎LateNightThoughts‬

Date yourself. Take yourself out to eat. Don’t share your popcorn at the movies with anyone. Stroll around an art museum alone. Fall in love with canvases. Fall in love with yourself. —Anonymous

Learn to love solitude, to be more alone with yourselves. The tragedy of today’s young people is that they try to unite on the basis of carrying out noisy and aggressive actions so as not to feel lonely, and this is a sad thing. The individual must learn from childhood to be on his own, for this doesn’t mean to be lonely: it means to not get bored with oneself, because a person who finds himself bored when he is alone, it seems to me, is a person in danger. —Andrei Tarkovsky

"I used to write how a monster lived in my head rather than under my bed. I think even then though, I understood the power of my own thoughts. For this was a monster of self-creation. A monster born from my innermost fears, a monster constructed with my bare mind. And I wrote how the thoughts were crippling, killing me slowly, eating away at me. But the things is — they were mine, all mine. I chose to think them. And my whole life transformed because of them.
I think the day people realize that their life exists in their mind is the day they take responsibility for their thoughts. Not control — for you see, they’ve had that all along. Your mind is the brush with which you paint reality. And for all intents and purposes you could be the next Van Gogh." —submitted anonymously to berlin-artparasites

being alone is bliss. deleting social networks is bliss. four more months. so, so, tired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment