Monday, July 22, 2013

too long too long

It's been a long time since this blog was updated and wow, what a nice time to do it, now that PMR trials is starting this Thursday. Only updating so that there won't be too much things to write about the next time I come here. So so so so many things happened. Made a list in ze notebook about everything that happened (not really everything). Missed out a lot but never mind. Typing this all now makes me feel like crying because - I will tell this in the end. What a coincidence though haha. Warning: The events that happened are not arranged chronologically.

So.. first in the list from ze notebook. S-I-R! 
When was it ah. Haiya can't remember. Wait let me check Facebook. Yep it was on the 23rd of June. S-I-R is not only what you call a very respected man you know but it stands for /drum rolls/ Spell-It-Right! Chandra, Aynn, Anjali, Mitra, Adelina and I joined. It was only the preliminary state challenge though held in UIA, Gombak (Amzar's university lol) and there were about 400 students from around Selangor? The preliminary challenge is for them to pick only the top 100 to advance to the state challenge. Meh do I really need to tell everything in detail. Ermahgerd this post will be very very long. So like we all went from school to UIA by Durrah's car - I mean - Durrah's father's car. Then bla bla bla in the car we were busy testing each other from the dictionary. Fast forward to when the challenge starts, we were all sitting in the hall. Basically there were thirty words, and it was actually a written test. A prerecorded Raymond Goh's famous voice would be reading the word once, explain the definition, example of it in a sentence and repeat the word again. Can I just say that I don't even understand almost half of the words lol. Some of the words are truant, kindred, zealot, buttress, campaign (NO IT WAS NOT THAT EASY BUT MY MIND SEEMS TO HAVE FORGOTTEN ALL THE DIFFICULT WORDS). Then yeah, went to eat. Limiting myself to only one photo per event because really this post is long. P.S: All of us (except Chandra D:) will be competing in the states challenge on the 25th of August in Paradigm mall because we were in the top 100 yay!

Second in my list: Haze.
I wrote this on somewhere I can't remember. "Can't even see the apartment in front of your house. Not a single grass is green - each of them is yellow and dead. People wearing masks everywhere. The air pollution index has overpassed the dangerous level and is hazardous for the past few days. More than 300 schools have been closed down. The supposed to be blue sky? It's completely white - you can't see any birds or clouds. The smell is really bad. And the sun is just.. orangey-red in color? Basically looks like a post-apocalypse place now. Yes, people. I have just described my place \o/ And this is an annual problem haha. -is one of those people who goes around without a mask- I hope I don't have to go to school tomorrow since mine is one of those where you must come at any conditions. Really teachers do you want us to die fast or. On the other hand, gonna watch Man of Steel today ^_^ Ugh I hope it rains so that all these haze clears. If you wanna have a picture of how it's like just go on Google images and type: Haze Kuala Lumpur. Kbye." I think I wrote this on the 23rd of June too? The haze has cleared up, but it looks like it's coming back. 

Third in my list: Mid-Year Exams results.
HORRIBLE MEH. Try singing this with the melody from SNSD's I Got A Boy:
I got one B for mid-year
I got a B for English
I got a B, hate that B, kicking everyone who cheers
I got one B for mid-year. (✿◠‿◠)
And the marks for the other subjects were not.. that high.. /sobs uglily in a corner/ But hey hey proud of my Geo marks - 96 :D Funny how I started going for tuition because I got a B for Geo last year and now my highest mark is for that subject heh. 

Fourth on my list: Prefect.
The 2012/2013 board has ended :( New prefects are going to be appointed but now they are already doing their duties as prefect probationers. Got two juniors hehehe but I shall protect their privacy /cough. But we are really a 1 Malaysia gang, all with different ages xD My juniors are one thirteen, and another fourteen, one Chinese and another Indian. Wow that rhymes. And and and got a post in the board alhamdulillah (✿◠‿◠). 

Fifth on my list (this is getting very tiring ermahgerd should have updated my blog sooner and more often really): Sports Day
Woah the Sports Day seemed to be really long ago. On the 15th of June, Emerald Green grabbed the number 1 spot again, congratulations! Proud me is proud :') Joined the kawad kaki and we got second place there after Ruby Red (theirs were flawless mang). Video of Green's kawad:
The one walking in the first row, furthest to the left with the black tudung and tall height is moi. 
Then during senamrobik, Topaz Yellow's one was really cool haha they deserve to win number 1 for that!
Credits to the owner of both of the videos.

Wait what number is it now. Oh oh sorry sixth on my list: Indonesians 
No this is not a rant on them or whatever you sick-minded person /judging you/. From the 1st to the 7th of July, 11 students from SMA Sukabumi 3, Indonesia, came here to Malaysia for a student-exchange-like programme - Program Jaringan Antarabangsa. So each of them were staying with a student from my school, having foster families and all. My mom took 2. And that was how I got to have Fasya and Canti as my foster sisters (✿◠‿◠) I don't know how to fit in seven days worth of fun in one paragraph but I'll try. It was pretty hard to communicate at first seriously even though there was not much difference between the Indonesian language and Bahasa Melayu. I think the highlight would be bringing them (including my seniors' foster sisters) to KLCC with Shafina RIGHT AFTER SCHOOL by the LRT near Taman Aman wearing our school uniform hahaha. Brought them to I-City, Shah Alam too where we went on a lot of rides and went to the Trick Art Museum. 
Left to right: Someone, Canti and Fasya
One of the attractions at the Trick Art Museum. Can you believe that it's just a painting on the walls? More photos can be seen on my Facebook.
Reminds me of Heartstrings when Yonghwa and Park Shinhye went to a similar museum 
On the second last day where we went to Putrajaya and KLCC (again). From left to right: Someone (M), Syaqeerah (M), Shafina (M), Khairah (M), Lisma (I), Alda (I), Rara (I), Canti (I). 

Seventh /yawns. G-Dragon concert.
He came to Malaysia for his One of A Kind World Tour and I didn't even get to be anywhere near him or see him. /eye twitches. End of story.

Eighth: Bawang Merah Bawang Puteh
School's musical theater. Which I watched three times. Each show being two hours long. Before you start judging me as a stalker/obsessive/freak (wot even) the first two shows I watched for free because I was accompanying the Indonesians and the third time I went with my family so yeah. It was fantastic! Every one involved in it did a great job; especially to the actresses, the orchestra and the choir members, and the crew! It took me around a week for my feels to fade lol. And I did not shout "Bodoh" during any of the shows /eye twitches. I don't even dare say that word to any of my close friends haha.
With half of them cool people before the show yo. 

What next. Ninth? Aiman
For the first time in this year, the family of five is in the house yo. Aiman's back from America. And I have the same height as him wow. Nothing much to say here. He gets to stop in Incheon, South Korea on the way back here that lucky fella grr. He gets to snap a picture with a pretty Korean girl wearing hanbok. Jealous of him. 
Bangga lah tu Aiman dapat masuk blog Durrah. 

Funny.

Already half dead by now. Number ten hurr. 
It is finally that time of the year my friends. It's Ramadhan! To be exact, it's already the 14th Ramadhan! So yeah, watch what you speak, what you think, what you see. Don't know why but I have this warm and fuzzy feeling watching my friends wear the tudung even if it's for one month, but it's still good you know? 
Reminder for those who curses a lot.

^_^

Yay! The list is finished (finally). Actually, there is one more. Adeebah wrote her own name and I don't know, should I talk about her? Um.


PMR trials starts this Thursday.

Your prayers would be very much appreciated (✿◠‿◠)
By the way, about the introduction paragraph of this post. Nothing much really, just finished reading an EXO fanfiction that is just really sad entitled Anterograde Tomorrow. It's not about the characters that count actually, but the storyline is too- sigh
I am quoting a review of the story from this website: http://rookietown.wordpress.com/2013/03/27/fanfiction-reviews-anterograde-tomorrow/
"Everything is extremely well-written and hooking. The questions and thoughts about life, love and the future are fascinating. It felt so strange being in Kyungsoo’s head, an amnesiac, who lives every day forgetting what he did the day before. There is no yesterday for him, everything is a tomorrow. 

Kyungsoo is, literally, stuck in the hours. In his head, he’s twenty, and he will forever be twenty, even though he keeps aging. The only thing making it possible for him to have a somewhat “normal” life is his notebook, where he writes down everything that has happened that day. But just imagine if he suddenly forgot to look in his notebook one morning? If he woke up, forgot about his notebook, and then left his house with no memory of what he was supposed to do that day, thinking that he’s still twenty and still going to school (or whatever it is he used to do before the car accident.) That’s what happened once. Kyungsoo’s best friend, Baekhyun, got killed in the same car accident, but Kyungsoo forgot about it, and therefore kept calling Baekhyun’s mother to ask her where her son was. That really killed me; imagine how tough it must be for Baekhyun’s mother to keep reminding Kyungsoo that Baekhyun is actually dead. And it’s not like she can get mad at him either, because Kyungsoo is amnesiac, so he doesn’t remember. Moreover, it must be unbearably painful for Kyungsoo to find out that his best friend is dead, only to forget about it and then having to learn about it again and again and again. 

What really, really literally brought me to tears was Jongin. Knowing that he was dying, and that the only reason Kyungsoo even remembered him was because of the notes. Jongin loves Kyungsoo whole-heartedly, but had it not been for the notes, Kyungsoo would’ve easily forgotten about all of his feelings for Jongin. It’s just so…unfair. Especially because Jongin is dying, and when he’s gone, who’s going to remind Kyungsoo of remembering him? How is Kyungsoo supposed to write about Jongin in his notebook when Jongin is no longer there to visit him every day? It’s just so heartbreaking, knowing that their love is obviously strong, but that Jongin is the only one who feels the hurt and the pain of love. Kyungsoo can’t feel pain or hurt, because he can’t freaking remember it."


Ignoring the fact that both of them are guys /coughs/ seriously, it was a moving story. Some of the memorable quotes (prepare to cringe for the excessive cheesiness):

“My name is Kim Jongin. I call you hyung. Yesterday you loved me. Today you’ll love me again.”
———————————–
“You’re caught in time but time moves on. You can’t remember people coming or leaving.
The world diminishes around you while you’re stuck in the center.
All of your old friends leave or die and you can’t make new ones.
You can’t love. You can’t hate”
——————————-
“My name is Jongin. I’m the writer who lives next door. See you tomorrow, hyung. Don’t forget!”
——————————-
“ You can remember tomorrow. I’ll remember all of our yesterdays”
——————————–
I looked up the title Anterograde Tomorrow on Youtube and wow.. So many videos popped up. So many fanmade videos. This one was really nice:

anterograde tomorrow; losing your memory


And I found this photo on Facebook haha. 

Now for videos. Too much nice ones actually. 
BTS - Tears of School
"School wrong. Society wrong. Parent wrong. Teacher wrong. Victim wrong. Perpetrator wrong. Bystander maybe, bystander maybe."
Eek, I can't link to the eng subs of the song here. You have to find it on Youtube too bad. The lyrics speak for itself. 

f(x)'s Pink Tape Art Film
"Love exists but with an absence of eternity. At the first moment of a lover's encounter, there's an affirmation of love. Psychologically lunacy, emptiness, panic, delusion that the moment will last forever. I'm seized by desire. I hide behind my back. And both with all answer."
Honestly, I was pretty amazed at Krystal's English narration through half of the video. The video itself is very artsy fartsy lol. Reminds me of Lana del Rey. Vintage and all. The song is creepy though ermahgerd even if it sounds straight out of a circus + fairytale I see it as the ending music for a horror movie. The video itself is creepy. Krystal was tearing the paper and eating it? Sulli was playing hide and seek with a veil? Luna was eating bubbles? Amber was mesmerized by balloon sharks and shaved her hair? Victoria was showing off her legs? Very, um, weird, but I cannot stop replaying the video.
Youtubers React To K-Pop
I watched this originally because of Ryan Higa but then I love their reactions after watching Big Bang's Fantastic Baby, SNSD's I Got A Boy and SHINee's Lucifer. Smosh tho ermahgerd.

Nu. Not going to post 2NE1's Falling In Love or EXO's Wolf Drama Ver. Not satisfied with em. HOW CAN YOU EVEN PUT 'TO BE CONTINUED' ON WOLF, SM? 

Infinite - Destiny

This is the version B of the music video. I heard that the A version was 25 minutes long but it couldn't be shown to the public because it involved an air-plane crashing and the Asiana Airlines incident- :/ Got hooked to this song from the beginning. My favorite part, or should I say, the part that made me like this song was Sunggyu's part at 0:44

Ok then I am done. Have a good Ramadhan :D Assalamualaikum and bye.


3 comments:

  1. I can see why it took you 3 hours to write this, durrah~ very... 'amusing'....

    ReplyDelete
  2. durrah i got really lazy so i just looked at the pictures hahahhaaha anyway selamat hari raya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eh it's okay thanks for even bothering to come here hahaha selamat hari raya too ihdini!

      Delete