Friday, August 12, 2011

Choir Competition

Assalamualaikum and hello. How's it doing, yo? Yesterday was the inter-class patriotic choir competition for form 1s. For my class, I was the conductor. Yes, the person who has to move their hands like they are trying to paint something in the air without a brush. I was really scared yesterday, you know. One reason, we didn't have music. Other classes had someone to play the piano or something. But I was comforted when I was told that some classes don't have music too. The other reason was, about a couple of hours before the competition starts, some people told me that ALL the form 1 classes were doing a skit after the choir except us. Well that totally messed up everything. And when I asked the teacher in charge, you want to know what she said? "Bukan I dah bagitahu ke? Apalah korang ni." No, you didn't tell us anything. We have 31 students in our classes and none of them had heard anything. "Tu lah, lain kali tunjuklah dekat cikgu the whole performance dulu." At that point, I almost cried. Whenever she comes in our class for Sivik, all of us wanted to practise our choir to show her what's it like and you know what she did? She gave us Mathematics work sheets and told us to that and kept giving us more when we're done. So, the competition starts at 12.30 p.m. At 11.45, we were all rushing to change our clothes to baju tradisional that I asked them to brought and they were also busy doing their hair. I also had to show them how to wear the selendang that I instructed them to bring. So when we reached the Galeri, we sat and waited for other classes to arrive. At that time, I was really nervous. I asked my friend from 1 Bakti whether their class is doing a skit at the end, and she said no. Thank god. So the teacher called out all the Ketua Darjah to pick our number. Guess what? We got number 2. The first was 1 Erat. And let me tell this, they were good. They were doing like an Acapella. After they finished, it was showtime for us 1 Cekap. We headed to the entrance and I reminded them to smile at all times and don't look anywhere except at me. Then, I walked in first, bowed at the judge and asked my classmates to come in, row by row. After they all finished, I clapped my hands once to signal the third row to turn in front. We messed up at that part. Seriously. Some people from the second and first row turned too and the audience laughed. And so the singing begins. It was okay, actually. And then we were finished, we sat down back at our place. The other classes choir was normal, I think. Until 1 Fasih. Seriously, the piano player was AWESOME. She played River Flows In You by Yiruma when they first entered.
 Pro right? I didn't get to see the other classes after that because I had to go for Cik Liew's retirement rehearsal. When I was finished, I hurriedly went to my class, asking them who won. They said they didn't know the results yet. For your information, the winner will get to perform during Pelancaran Hari Kemerdekaan SMK (P) SA next Monday. Raisah told me 1 Damai was awesome and their skit was about Malaysia versus Singapore football match. Adeebah was the Singapore goalkeeper LOL. But today, surprise surprise! Afiqah told me that the teacher told her class, 1 Damai that they won and get to perform next Monday. Well, what's done is done. Oh, 1 Cekap got a new student today. She's from Sri Hartamas. So now today is Friday people, and let's celebrate! Wait, we are fasting. Anyway, Selamat Berbuka Puasa!

No comments:

Post a Comment